Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rain, Rain (don't) go away...

I love it. I love rain. I love going out in the rain and feeling the drops hit my body at unpredictable times. I love forgetting my umbrella and getting soaked. I love coming inside and dripping a little bit on the carpet. I love how it smells during and after the rain visits. I love how my car gets washed in the rain. I love how empty the streets get while it rains, because no one else really enjoys being in it. I love sitting in my room and hearing the rain beat a rhythm on my roof. I love falling asleep to that song. I love that God isn't weeping when it rains. I love that we all get the blessing of the rain in this beautiful place that we live. I love how green the grass gets after the rain. I love the memories that come with the rain. I love the comfort that it brings. I love the life that thrives with the rain. I love the promise of a movie and hot chocolate, my calm space in the center of the cold rain and chilly wind.

I just love that after this amazing February summer we've experienced, this rain sweeps in and rejuvenates the landscape. It revamps the beauty so that we can look out and thank God for this happiest of places that we live in. I am blessed to be here, in the prime of my life, working at a coffee shop and seeing my favorite weather sweep through the town, bathe it, and make it new again. Thank you, Jesus, for the rain.

God bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment