Saturday, October 9, 2010

Foot in the Mouth

I need to stop saying things that I can't keep up with. I've had this problem all my life - I'll say something that at that moment is so right, and I'm sticking with it no matter what, and nothing is going to change my mind. Then, usually a few days later, I realize that there is something that can change my mind and I have to retract the statement I made. I usually look dumb doing it. So.... no more statements from me unless I can keep them, otherwise my word isn't good.

The reason for this post? I'm not going to lie, I'm embarrassed that I have to say this, especially since the statement was written down in a previous blog, but... I'm retracting my no hugging guys rule. I've realized that while there are situations where hugs are inappropriate (like when you just meet someone and they go for a hug), there are also situations where hugs are appropriate (like when you come back home after being in a different state for a month and people who you know want to hug you because they missed you). I need to find the happy medium that will allow me to be personable without compromising completely on my personal space. I'm working on that middle ground right now. Moral of the story: I won't just say things unless I can stick with whatever it is that I've said.

So I'm sorry that I seem flaky, but I am working on it and hopefully in the future I can learn to keep my mouth shut. There's a Proverb or a Psalm that mentions listening instead of talking... I'll do my best to do more listening and less talking.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment