Thursday, October 7, 2010

I'm so Blessed

I'm just so happy to be with God. I've heard (and agree) that we should be spending as much or preferably more time serving God, waiting on Him, and being with Him as we would on a boyfriend/girlfriend. But how are  we supposed to put such a tangible spin on something that is completely intangible? I can't touch God, and I can't ask Him something and receive an audible and immediate answer... so how does that work? How can I devote my life to Him? How can I dote on Him and fall in love with Him and want to hang out with Him as much as I would want to hang out with a boyfriend?

I'm still trying to figure it out, but I feel like my mantra now is Psalm 37:4, about delighting myself in His ways. I just want to delight myself in Him, and I know that He'll take care of the rest. The awesome thing about knowing that God has everything under control is that I don't even have to worry about my life. There is no actual need anymore to be stressed out about any decision, or about some event that's coming up, because there are no accidents with God, and He has everything under control. He tells us that all good things come from Him, and I know from experience that everything He puts in front of me is for my good. Even if it's a tough time in life, that time serves to strengthen my faith and refine it in order to make me more useful to Him. Every good thing comes from God. I am confidant in that promise, and I'm blessed to know absolutely that right now, God has me where He wants me, that He's confirmed that His hand and blessing was behind my move back to California. I thank God every day that He is with me, even when I'm not with Him.

I also think it's awesome that He's given me all of this time off of work and school, so that I can really devote my time to Him. I can dote on Him and serve Him and talk with Him. He is swiftly becoming my everything, and I don't ever want that to stop. I want to go to Him first for something that I need or want. I want to wake up praying, and I want to bless Him with everything that I do, whether someone is watching or not. I want my life to be taken over by my Creator, and I want to share Him with my friends and with people that I'll meet in the future. I'm still super excited to see more of God's plan for my life!

God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment