Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Change is in the air

Sooooo... after getting lost in the OSU campus for about 40 minutes, I finally found the building that hosted Real Life's (the college group at my church) Freshman Night, just in time to catch the tail-end of the last speaker's speech. Woot woot. I did get to meet some people, though. I can't remember most of their names... hopefully I'll be able to get them again without doing the whole "yeah, I've known you for a year and I still don't know your name" thing. Which, sad to say, I've done with a few people.

Anyways... I don't really have any deep pondering message to post tonight, so I'm going to talk about chocolate and the confusing names of Oregon's porta-potties (this is a request from Brandon, by the way...).

I've been here for two weeks now, and every time I go to the store, I get this really annoying health food mind set - dried fruit, almonds, and little cheese things for snacks, and no chocolate or cookies. I get this holier-than-fat foods type mentality, forgetting that in about a half hour, when my daily craving for chocolate and things that will actually be satisfying kicks in, I'm going to be mad at myself for not buying them. And literally, it's a daily obsession. You would think that I, the queen of chocolate, would at least remember to get a candy bar or something, but noooooo. I've been to the store at least three times now, and all I have to show for it is a package of babybell cheese and dried cranberries. But I did show a little spark of intelligence when I bought this tub of belgian chocolate pudding, because it's rich enough for me to only eat a little, but chocolate enough to almost satisfy my craving. I guess it's a little bit of a compromise (I'm determined not to gain the freshman 15, especially since I'm not even a freshman yet). So... yay for belgian chocolate pudding.

And the porta-potties, oh my goodness. Someone here thought that it would be a FANTASTIC idea to start a porta-potty business and name it "HoneyBucket".
...
What?? Why would honey agree to be linked to something that is obviously neither sweet nor good to eat? I mean, come ON, have a little self respect. I was chatting with Joel and Sarah, and Joel made a good connection - "maybe they were thinking of Winnie the POOH and his honey...". I laughed. It's plausible. I've promised myself that I'm never going to use the disillusioned porta-potty. It doesn't need people humoring it - the sooner it realizes it's got a problem, the sooner it can fix it.
Only in Oregon. I realize that I've said that more than once to myself - Oregon is a pretty strange place.

All right, I'm done rambling. Good night, and God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment