Thursday, September 23, 2010

I wrote this a little while ago, figured it could use some airing out

God's been showing me the power of prayer.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in all things, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

"Call to me, and I will answer you , and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know." Jeremiah 3:33

The power of prayer is such a huge thing, and we (myself included), as modern day Christians, have forgotten it. Last weekend I had the incredible opportunity to talk with my grandma, who is a woman of tremendous faith and has had so many amazing experiences with our Savior. She mentioned this morning that God is always with us, whether we realize it or not. He works through us whether or not we notice it, and He never leaves our sides.

I was incredibly humbled and overjoyed to find out that God has used me in a profound way to impact the lives of people who are close to me. The fact that I couldn't see it only serves to remind me that I wasn't the one to change anything; it was God who chose me as His vessel to do His work. I am reminded that every prayer, however short it is, or how inconsistently it's whispered, is heard by God. I'm shocked and amazing every time that a prayer of mine is answered within the day that I pray it, and my faith is growing with each answer. I can't tell you how good God is to me, and how much He's changed me even in the past week.

I want you guys (whoever reads this) to try something new this week: be prayer warriors. The power of prayer is incredible, so amazingly powerful. Jesus says that with the faith of a mustard seed we can tell the mountains to move, and they will. Pray this week, use that faith to move your mountains. Pray for God to move in your lives and show you something spectacular. I know He'll do it, because He's done it for me. In fact, that's my prayer this week, that each and every one of you prays like crazy, and that God shows you a little bit of His majesty, a little taste of His glory, and a little peep of heaven.

Guys, please don't ever hesitate to go to God with your prayers. He hears you. He loves you. He'll answer you. And He'll use you. 

God bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment