Thursday, September 23, 2010

Seeing as how I didn't post a blog yesterday, I'm going to post two today! Hope you're ready for it :)

It's interesting to me how God confirms things. He communicates in so many different ways, so it's tough to figure out if it's really Him, or if it's just me trying to come up with an idea. It's always a fine line when He does tell me things, though, and I can never fully explain why I'm sure that He wants me to do a certain thing. Take my move to Oregon, for instance: I was completely positive that Oregon was the place for me, and God was going to use me in really awesome ways here. And He did! He was true to His promise, and my walk and the walk of those close to me were redeemed and brought closer to God! So that in itself was confirmation to me.

So I don't know why I stress out when I want to know where God wants me if I'm not sure about it. I usually end up going back to one of my favorite verses, Philippians 4:6-7: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let you requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus,". James 1:5 further elaborates: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, ad it will be given to him".

So basically... I don't know why I worry. I know that God will answer my prayers if I have faith (these verses are just the beginning of many where God promises to answer our prayers: "So Jesus answered and said to them, 'Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them." - Mark 11:22-24;     "He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had prosed He was also able to perform." - Romans 4:20-21;       "So the Lord said, 'If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,' and it would obey you." - Luke 17:6).

I also came across Romans 10:27: "So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.". That's how you exercise the faith muscle! It's so simple, so obvious, but there it is. I know that God has already answered my most recent "what do I do now" prayer. I'm just waiting on His perfect timing now. Stress over, cue contentment. Thank you, Lord, for being faithful, even (and especially) when I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment